Meet School Counselor: Sarah Waymouth
Hello Montlake families, I feel privileged to be part of the Montlake Elementary community as your School Counselor. As a counselor I am committed to supporting and encouraging all our students to learn about themselves and others in a supportive environment. Every school year is full of challenges, some more than others, but they are all filled with growing and learning opportunities.
To introduce myself, I am originally from the UK and most recently moved to Seattle in January 2017. At home my husband and I have two boys and a faithful English cocker spaniel! After a career of 20 years in marketing, non-profit and business management I made the career change to School Counseling and graduated from my Master’s program at Seattle Pacific University. During my program I had the privilege to work in Seattle Public Schools at Northgate Elementary and Salmon Bay K-8.
Through my counseling program I work with students in all 3 tiers; individually, in small groups, and in classroom lessons. I will also be supporting families in need, Wolfpacks, PBIS, and will create school wide events that address our community needs and bring our Montlake values to life.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time email at: email@example.com or by phone/voicemail at: 425-954-7281. My office hours will be Monday and Tuesday 8.30 – 1.00, and 8.30 – 4:00 on Wednesday. Collaborating with parents and staff is more important than ever and I look forward to your partnership.
Sarah Waymouth, M.Ed (Ms. Sarah)
If you need support during these challenging times the following resources may be of use. Please don’t hesitate to contact Ms. Sarah for more specific enquiries and concerns.
- Child Care Assistance Program – application form
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Child Care (posted soon)
- Seattle Preschool Program (ages 3 & 4) (posted soon)
Food & Groceries
- Emergency Food Vouchers (posted soon)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- In addition, Montlake Elementary PTA offer funds for grocery cards to support our families in need. Please contact Ms. Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mental Health and Wellness
- Emotional and Mental Health Support (from home)
- Community Mental Health Support (posted soon)
- Financial Support Assistance Washington
- Saint Vincent de Paul Financial Assistance (posted soon)
Miscellaneous Community Resources
- Seattle Public Schools Remote Learning Resources
- Seattle Public Schools Internet Assistance
- STEPS Guide to Public Assistance (posted soon)
- Seattle Community Resources (posted soon)
- Crisis Connections Support & Resources (posted soon)